Nitrogen inflation for your tyres has pro's and con's, so it may or may not be suitable for your car. The information below may aid you in the decision to pay the little extra at certain fitting stations to have your tyres filled with Nitrogen.
- Reduces the running temperature of your tyres
- Pressure loss is less with nitrogen
- There is a charge to fill with nitrogen
- Must continue to fill with nitrogen
- Not as readily available as air pumps at service stations
Our recommendation is if you are running a smaller vehicle for a 15 minute drive to work in the morning then nitrogen is not needed. If you are running a larger 4x4 for off-road use, it may be a plausible and worth while investment as the tyres will be almost under full load.